Tuesday, July 04, 2006

much better than a pen...



i have on a few occasions now written 'latex doll' on the sole of my foot to get me deeper into the entire doll and object mindset. once when i was going out to a burlesque night i drew doll joints all over me with normal thick felt indelible pen. since there were alot of people tattoo'd to the nines, no one really noticed my brave efforts coming out as a living doll.. :-(

recently and i don't know if its the green knot spell working (anyone else still doing or thinking about it?) but i've been yearning, almost hungry for some sort of permenant declaration of my dollness....

now a real tattoo is probably too much for me now but it suddenly struck me as i was considering options for logo's and how to draw joints that henna would be perfect for what i want. wikipedia entry is here if you've not seen maddonna with it on.

it lasts up to 2-3 weeks and if you skip the indian motifs then something like doll joints and fine details would be perfect. the kits even have three different heads, fine for detailing, medium and a wide brush.

so i looked on ebay (as i almost always do now) and found just stacks of it starting really cheaply here. so i plan on ordering a kit and giving it a go.

not totally permenant, but will definately last untill i can do it again and again. each time taking me closer to the doll....

xx

6 comments:

SteveMND said...

"now a real tattoo is probably too much for me now..."

Well, I'm not much of a tattoo guy myself, but all I can say is that if you do decide to go for a dolly-themed tattoo at some point in time, be sure to work on it carefully before getting it; as much as you might not want to wait when you make up your mind, please don't do it as some "spur of the moment" kind of thing.

This will be a design that will be part of you for fifty or sixty more years, after all, so spending a couple of weeks or months working out the details and finding the best artist you can is a small delay in the long run.

Also, keep in mind how it would look on your grandmom (or granddad, for those guys in the reading audience), because that'll eventually be what it looks like in another forty years. :-)

Speaking as a graphic artist, it just pains me to no end to see all these folks out there with cheap, quickie tatoos and such. This is art after all, people. :-)

pyewacket said...

hena- its actually best to go and get a pro-job by some indian lady in your town.The self -job can come out not as good {weaker}, not as good as in pictures {im sure Madonna would have had a pro-job}.
Theres also these 'tempory' Tatttoo's you can get these days.I dont know where , but they are becoming more popluar.Its Ink. Hena is more like dying your skin.(red/brown}But for simple 'joint' lines, Hena might be ok, but a nice black temp tattoo would be better!google temp tattoo's.

pyewacket said...

...but then again theres no harm in trying yourself.Its cheap enough.

Asudem Latex said...

well its just a test and an idea to practice with of course. also have actually tried to draw anything well on yourself? its very hard and don't even get me going about getting it even.

as for the temp tattoo's i've looked around and not found any suitable at all. but there is some inkjet tatoo paper that would let you make your own.

xx

Bradley said...

Actually, maybe this is just my being odd and thinking laterally as usual, but....

Doesn't your average Barbie/generic plastic fashion doll have a tan usually? I only ask because it seems to me that a *really* subtle, sneaky way to do doll joints on a semi-permanent basis would be to exploit that....

By getting a tan, and using *thin* thin strips of an opaque tape to cover the "joints" so that when you remove the tape post tan (natural or otherwise) you get strips of lighter skin at your joints. The effect should work too as one of the side effects of a good tan for most folks (aside from cancer/premature aging folks, *lol*) is that it makes skin seem smoother and shinier, so the breaks in that should *show up*.

Just an idea should the henna be too hard to self-apply....and at this point I wouldn't apply it directly with the nozzles, but with something finer, like the blunt end of a toothpick, or the eye-end of a needle...

Anonymous said...

Hiya! Completely off subject... but I came across your old lj account, which you haven't updated in forever, which disapointed me because we seem so similar. But I followed the white rabbit and it lead me hear :) which...assuming your the same person makes me very happy!

I read your post about the difference beteween wanting to be objectified, and having it forced upon you and the difference between the two. Anyway...you seem to be a long way away from that point now, but i'm just starting my own journey into my desiers to be objectified. :P And i'm pretty damn asexual myself, oh...and wait for it.... dun dun dun! I'm an art student to boot as well. Graduate art student at that...

Anywho, i've just started into a DS relationship with a hypno dom. Me and my friend are both hopping to be transformed into her puppets.

I'm sorry this was totaly off topic from your post...but I would love to talk with you, as i'm sure my friend would to. If your still around (which it looks like you are) IM either of us on yahoo at transformed_ash or tfubergeek :)