Thursday, August 03, 2006

soft rubber rain boots...


i'd still just love a pair of the thigh length high heeled rubber rain boots called 'acquo's' that were made in eruope about 15 or so years ago, but they're like rocking horse poo - although they do come up on ebay very occasionally and sell for silly money. i mean 300-400$ for a pair or rubber boots is just crazy now isn't it? you'd have to be an obsessed wanna be rubber doll to pay that much :-)

these from Sigerson Morrison in NYC are from their now ended 'Rain Or Shine Shoes' range. they still have them in their online shop here in a range of colours and sizes.

and half price too i may add on their site and about 60$ on ebay at the moment.

unlike those british 'fashion wellies' that are just traditional work rain boots in jelly bean colours and painted patterns, these are a much softer rubber lined with a stretch fabric. so i'd imagine they'd be pretty close to my curretn mainstay my 4" heeled boots which are made from some sort of stretch patterned black matt pvc and hug my calfs so nicely.

sadly the heel is very low, almost totally flat and i'm not going less than 4"s if i can help it...

still someone else may like them.

xx

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shame that low heels...

Anonymous said...

Well, some people like rubber but not high heels (yes, I guess I´m that strange).
I hope you can find high heeled rubber boots at a reasonable price.

Unknown said...

I like em looks like a pair I stole from work long ago, I have trouble in my thi hi patents with 5 inches,lol.careful , and yes the price of butter is outrageous,i mean rubber.its called the pervo tax.