Sunday, July 16, 2006

more information on the doc




well i've not hear back from him from my initial contact - he did send me some information and images so here it is in his own words:

Here are a few more pics of some of my masks.... hope you like them. One of them is a picture of the moldmaking process, just to prove to any daoubters that these masks exist.

I am currently working on a paris hilton mask and also a Emma Watson mask.

Thanks again,
Doc Vandelay


his email address is: thoms@ix.netcom.com and be sure to say you saw them here.

i might end up with a complementary one ;-)

and some further info from J---:

Hi

I noticed on your blog you wanted a bit more info about the Vandelay masks

I have 2 myself. First I bought off ebay then 2nd I just contacted him direct.

You already have his email but his ebay link is

http://search.ebay.ca/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZaugieloman

As for price.. when I bought the Barbie mask and Sailor Mercury mask a few years ago, they were $125 if I remember correctly.

The Mercury mask is a little big for guy or girl. The Barbie masks fit better but the eyes are a little too far apart but still good. My girlfriend wore it for the first time this weekend and she looked fantastic in it. It's still a little big so I added some padding around the eyes to make it more comfortable.

If you have any other questions I'd be happy to give you more info if you don't get the answers you need :)

J---


anyone else have one and can report on them?

xx

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good information, Asudem. ;)

Anonymous said...

Hi its me Lean again, good to see the update on Vadely masks ... OMG a Paris Hilton mask !!! i want one already !

I thought his email was the same ... good thing i had it lying around :P

I have Barbie, britney and bettie page, also the mercury kigurmi head too all are brilliant masks

Will send some photos if you wanna see more ? let me know

*huggsies*

Lean xxx

Asudem Latex said...

oh please lean, send the photos to me and i'll stick them up if you let me. how are the fits?

i don't personaly like paris hilton, but i think the mask will be more doll and barbie like so i'd go for one of those.

xx

Anonymous said...

http://photogenicdoll.cutegirl.jp/mask/

thought it may be interesting for you

cheers,

ectamorph

Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»

Robert Higdem said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future. »